Improve your overall health
Regular Dental Exams
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Frick or Dr. Jones at your initial visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist or hygienist will complete the following:
- Examination of Diagnostic x-rays (radiographs) – Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening – Check the face, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation – Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay – All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations – Check current fillings, crown, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings are important in maintaining healthy gums and teeth. Your cleaning appointment at Frick & Jones will include the following:
- Removal of tartar – Tartar is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface.
- Removal of plaque – Plaque is sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing – Remove stains and plaque that are not otherwise removed during toothbrushing and scaling.